Here is a list of websites blogMLS has identified to further help you with your job search. This list is in no way exhaustive, but should be helpful as you move forward:
Job Posting Sites
- I Need a Library Job (INALJ): a comprehensive list of library jobs sorted by state or country; updated daily.
- ALA Job List: a job list by the American Library Association.
- LITA Find a Job: a list by the Library and Information Technology Association
- Higher Ed Jobs: a list most useful to jobs in academic institutions.
- LibGig: a blog for all things library job related.
- Archives Gig: A list compiling archives jobs.
- Careers in Federal Libraries: a Google Group that has job listings and active discussions about working in federal libraries.
- UMD University Libraries
Job Hunting Resources
- Florida State University’s “Finding a Library Job” LibGuide: written by librarians, the guide has great resources for resume writing, cover letters, and more.
- Hiring Librarians: a blog written by those who hire librarians that includes tips, tricks, and resources for making yourself stand out.
- Open Cover Letters: anonymous cover letters from hired librarians and archivists.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook: a government resource that outlines job prospects, resources, and more.